Week 1 is in the books so it’s time to take a look at our NFL power rankings heading into week 2.
For last week’s rankings, go here.
1. New England Patriots (1-0) – Last week: #3
The Patriots take over the top spot this week mainly because they took care of business last week. Yes, the 49ers may have had a better win, but the Patriots looked solid in Week 1.
2. San Francisco 49ers (1-0) – Last week: #5
The 49ers dominated the Packers, despite what Jarrett Bush says. An argument can be made that after Week 1, this is the best team in the NFL.
3. Houston Texans (1-0) – Last week: #4
The Texans beat a bad Dolphins team, but that’s what they’re supposed to do. Beat the teams on their schedule.
4. Chicago Bears (1-0) – Last week: #6
A passing game in Chicago? This could be scary for the rest of the NFC.
5. Green Bay Packers (0-1) – Last week #5
Even with their shaky performance in San Francisco, you have to believe that this is still one of the best teams in the league.
6. Atlanta Falcons (1-0) – Last week #8
The offense looked good. The defense looked good. This team could finally be ready to contend for a Super Bowl.
7. Baltimore Ravens (1-0) – Last week #10
Joe Flacco thinks he’s an elite quarterback. His performance in Week 1 was a big step towards that.
8. Dallas Cowboys (1-0) – Last week #13
Impressive win over the Giants. Now can the Cowboys finally put it all together?
9. New York Giants (0-1) – Last week #1
Disappointing Week 1 for the Super Bowl champions. Is this the Giants starting slow once again?
10. Denver Broncos (1-0) – Last week #15
If Peyton Manning like he did in Week 1 throughout the season, the Broncos are a contender in the AFC.
11. Detroit Lions (1-0) – Last week #11
The Lions certainly didn’t look good in Week 1, but they got the win.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) – Last week #7
The Eagles won despite trying their hardest to lose.
13. New York Jets (1-0) – Last week #21
The Jets play matched Rex Ryan’s mouth in Week 1. Now can they keep it up?
14. San Diego Chargers (1-0) – Last week #18
The Chargers beat a Raiders team that didn’t want to win. But we can’t blame the Chargers for that.
15. Washington Redskins (1-0) – Last week #25
The Redskins are probably not the 15th best team in the league, but a win over the Saints shouldn’t be ignored.
16. New Orleans Saints (0-1) – Last week #9
We didn’t think Bountygate would affect the Saints. But after their performance in Week 1, we may be wrong.
17. Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) – Last week #14
The Bengals got rolled by the Ravens, but they’re still a solid team.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) – Last week #12
The Steelers didn’t look good Sunday night. Should Steelers fans be concerned?
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) – Last week #22
The Greg Schiano regime starts off with a W
20. Arizona Cardinals (1-0) – Last week #26
The Cardinals held on for the win against Seattle and Kevin Kolb is back in the saddle.
21. Seattle Seahawks (0-1) – Last week #21
The Seahawks almost pulled out a win in Week 1. Seahawks fans should like what they see out of Russell Wilson.
22. Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) – Last week #16
The Chiefs ran into a buzz saw in the Falcons. Can the Chiefs bounce back?
23. Buffalo Bills (0-1) – Last week #19
The Bills didn’t look good in Week 1. And to top it off, Fred Jackson got injured.
24. Minnesota Vikings (1-0) – Last week #30
The Vikings got a win in Week 1, albeit against the Jaguars. But a win is a win.
25. Oakland Raiders (0-1) – Last week #23
When will the Raiders get it together?
26. Carolina Panthers (0-1) – Last week #17
Not a good opening weekend for the Panthers.
27. St. Louis Rams (0-1) – Last week #27
The Rams almost pulled it out against the Lions. Told you Steve Fisher would make them competitive.
28. Tennessee Titans (0-1) – Last week #24
The Titans got manhandled by the Patriots, but Jake Locker looked pretty good.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) – Last week #28
Blaine Gabbert was decent, but the Jaguars are still the Jaguars.
30. Indianapolis Colts (0-1) – Last week #32
The Colts were overmatched in Week 1, but there were definitely bright spots.
31. Miami Dolphins (0-1) – Last week #30
The Tannehill era got off to a rough start.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-1) – Last week #31
The Weeden era got off to an even rougher start.