The Dallas Cowboys are looking for big things out of Dez Bryant this season. And after an offseason of drama, the Cowboys want Bryant to be as focused as possible. So in an attempt to help Bryant be more focused, the Cowboys have placed strict guidelines on Bryant’s off-the-field activities.
According to Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas, Bryant has been agreed to the guidelines which have been in effect since August 23. Just a month after Bryant’s mother Angela decided she did not want to press charges on her son for a family violence charge.
Here are the guidelines that Bryant has agreed to:
• A midnight curfew. If he’s going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;
• No drinking alcohol.
• He can’t attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
The Cowboys have had to deal with the likes of Pacman Jones amd Tank Johnson in the past so they are used to putting together these types of guidelines for players. When asked if Bryant’s guidelines were the strictest they’ve ever handed down, Jones responded with, No this is (not) the strictest at all.”
Guess Pacman couldn’t even leave his home while in Dallas.