The NCAA just dropped an atomic bomb on the Penn State football program hitting them with five years of probation. Here are the Penn State sanctions that were just announced by NCAA president Mark Emmert:
- Penn State is fined $60 million which will go to an endowment for external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting.
- Program hit with a 4 year bowl ban.
- Reducing of 10 initial scholarships and 20 total scholarships per year over a four year period.
- Penn State vacates all wins from 1998-2011.
- Current Penn State players are free to transfer and are immediately eligible.
Yep, Penn State would have been better off receiving the death penalty.