The NFL handed down harsh punishment to the New Orleans Saints for running a bounty program. Here are the details:
- Sean Payton suspended for 1 year without pay
- Mickey Loomis suspended for 8 games and fined $500K
- Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely
- Saints as a team are fined $500K and lose second round pick in 2012 and 2013.
- Assistant head coach Joe Vitt suspended for 6 games without pay
- Saints will participate in efforts to develop programs to teach safety and sportsmanship
- Individual player involvement is still under investigation