Antonio Cromartie Blames HBO For His Struggles With His Kids’ Names

A day after the internet went wild on Antonio Cromartie for his inability to rattle of his kids’ names on HBO’s Hard Knocks, Cromartie has decided to go wild on HBO. Cromartie contends that his interview on HBO’s reality show wasn’t really reality. In fact, it was staged. Which completely defeats the purpose of a reality show, right? Right.

The New York Post has the details:

Cromartie said the director — whom HBO officials refused to name — told him to “redo it” because he had not paused long enough between each of his kids’ names.

Asked if he had as much trouble listing the names as the scene appeared to show, Cromartie told The Post: “Nah, I didn’t have trouble. I mean, they asked me to pause. I had nailed it the one time before, but they had to redo it and they just told me to pause between each one of [the names].”

So Cromartie opts for the “they made me pause” defense. Let’s see what HBO has to say.

Ray Stallone, a spokesman for HBO, told The Post yesterday that the show’s producers and the unspecified director of the scene dispute Cromartie’s version of events.

“I spoke to the director and everyone involved, and this scene was done in one take,” Stallone said.

Stallone also forcefully insisted that, despite Cromartie’s comments, nothing about “Hard Knocks” is staged.

“The show is factual, it’s real, and it’s not manufactured,” Stallone said of the series, which began in 2001 and has won four Sports Emmy Awards.

So what did we learn from all of this? I’ll tell you. Antonio Cromartie can’t convince you that he remembers the names of his kids’ while pausing after each. May wanna work on that, Cro.

Have some breaking news or an interesting story we should see? Hit us up at nogutsglory@gmail.com

Comments

1. cgarcia1982 says:

antonio needs to stop worrying about the producers and needs to learn how to speak. That's right i said it. I doubt he can read and the only reason i'm suggesting this is because huis money comes fast, so that is how he spends it. your on einjury away from not being to support your family. Your a Loser

If he needs to learn how to speak, you should learn how to spell. I'm not a Cromartie fan at all, but if you're (and yes, it's you're not "your" like you typed) going to call someone out for being a loser, you might want to spell check…

forget learing how to spell…this clown needs to know how to buy condoms!

I'm also no Cromartie fan, but find it hilariously ironic that you would come on here to criticize his speech, and then post a short, four sentence complaint that somehow manages to contain fully thirteen errors in it. How sad.

If you have kids then you'd know why he has to honor them by making that argument.

Cromartie….LOL…I am not a fan….He is an amazing athlete I'll give him that….a football player?…not so sure….He takes plays off, whines constantly at both his team mates and coaches and will NOT tackle…Good luck Jets….but I'll take a 2nd round draft pick for this loser anyday of the week….

Trust us in San Diego; a loser on and off the field.

He has eight kids! I would have trouble remembering their names as well. It also sounded as if he was trying to say them in the order they were born, from oldest to youngest, so I think it's reasonable that it proved a bit difficult for him.

9. Ahhhh . . . I was wondering how Antonio would do with the New York media sharks (OK, Bristol, CT — same diff). Don't wade into the waters unless you can handle it, you know?

Can't wait to see LT when the articles start appearing, questioning his ability, his game, his attitude, his heart, etc. San Diego was a much more forgiving environment.

Vaya con Dios, guys. The Bolts will be fine without you. Now,if they can just kick a GD field goal against the Jets in a playoff game . . . .

10. Straight Up says:

Anonymous you're HILARIOUS. I was thinking the same exact thing as I read cgarcia1982 comments regarding Cromartie.
    Like the old saying "You can't tell someone else to empty their trash can when yours needs emptying", lol.
    As for Cromartie, no comment because he really isn't worth the discussion.

Who writes this crap? A 12 year old can write and spell better than the crap you wrote. Get an education before being critical of others dumbass!

I think he speeled all that stuff wrong on purpose to make a point…duh

13. Um… did you all notice, the spokesman for HBO, Ray Stallone, did not dispute Cromartie's contention that HBO shot more than one take of this "child naming" scene.

The HBO spokesman said, "'I spoke to the director and everyone involved, and this scene was done in one take,” Stallone said."

That statement can also mean the scene was made up of one take. He didn't say they didn't shot more than one take.

A scene can be assembled from multiple takes. He said this scene is one take, as opposed to assembled from multiple takes.

"When I saw the clip, it sounded like he was saying that at least 5 of his kids were 3 yrs old. Did he have 4-5 women pregnant at the same time? What a big loser!"

Black community in a nutshell..