5 Most Overrated Teams Heading Into The College Football Season

As we inch closer to the beginning of the college football season, here are the 5 most overrated teams to look out for this season.

Iowa Hawkeyes

If you followed us last year, you know that I’m not too thrilled about the Iowa football team. Sure they beat down Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl, but I’m still not impressed. I think the Hawkeyes finish 4th in the Big Ten behind Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State.

TCU Horned Frogs

After the terrible performance against Boise State, I don’t think this team can compete with National Championship caliber teams. Opening day will tell us a lot when Oregon State comes to town and if TCU loses that game we won’t hear from them the rest of the year.

North Carolina Tar Heels

Even before the agent stuff started, I felt like Carolina was very overrated. Yes their defense will be very good, but their offense is just terrible. Greg Little is the best thing they have on offense but he can’t do everything. T.J. Yates will have to have a breakthrough year for North Carolina to make it to ACC title game, but knowing him, I wouldn’t bet on it.

LSU Tigers

Les Miles has done a great job bringing down LSU’s talent base since Nick Saban left. The offense is terrible and the defense outside of Patrick Peterson, who might be the top corner in the nation, is young and small up front. It’s funny that two of my overrated teams are playing each other on opening day.

Oregon Ducks

With Jeremiah Masoil leaving for Ole Miss, I think Oregon is going to be the most disappointing team in college football. Oregon still doesn’t know who their QB is going to be and from watching their spring game, they still have a lot of work to do on defense. Unless a QB emerges, it’s going to be a long year for the Ducks

Have some breaking news or an interesting story we should see? Hit us up at nogutsglory@gmail.com

Comments

u r an idiot

2nd that!

why even write this piece of crap?

Hawkeyes 4th in the Big Ten. Are you out of your fucking mind?

5. 4x4ranger says:

Do you see anybody's name with this article…..I don't..They will eat this article when Iowa is playing for the national title and Stanzi accepts the Heisman

6. Guy's I agree 100% this is a bogus article. I truly do. Especially for Iowa & Oregon. I think both teams are better than what this write-up portrays them to be. But I think the fbombs and making such a bold statement as "stanzi accepts heisman and NC" is a little arrogant on our part and makes us ALL look like morons. How about something like Stanzi is a great player that has the potential to live up to his hype and we'll see what happens. AND how about if Iowa plays it's cards right we have a shot at making a run at the Big 10 championship and see where that gets us! Little more realistic I think!

7. Did you shoot heroine, drop acid and smoke crack before writing this article? Or did someone just repeatedly beat you over the head with a baseball bat before hand? Or did you just blindfold yourself, take 5 darts, and throw them aimlessly at a map of the US and pick whatever college town was closest to where they landed?

8. Well, I would say the comments posted about these ridiculously wrong predictions were correct. It is Halloween today and yesterday Oregon destroyed USC 53-32 and Iowa blew out the number 5th ranked Michigan State 37-6. TCU is still undefeated. LSU to date has lost only one game. That loss came to now number 1 ranked and undefeated Auburn. They lost by only a touchdown! The only team that comes close to being disappointing on your list is NC with a record of 5-3.
    So, I must concur with other comments…you're an idiot, who now must eat his words!

9. Well done! Oregon undefeated and playing for the national championship; TCU undefeated and playing in the Rose Bowl. LSU 10-2, playing in the Sugar Bowl. Iowa did lose five games by a total of 18 points and finished behind three one-loss Big 10 teams; and North Carolina did lose five games after all the suspensions. So you do have that going for you.

You, you kind of suck at this whole prediction thing. Please predict that I will be poor… I would love for that to be horribly wrong as well.

GO DUCKS!!!