Week 9 is gone, and so are the playoff chances of many teams in the league. And that’s the theme of the rankings this week. Like most people around the country, the conclusion of the Colts, Patriots game on Sunday Night left us scratching our heads as to WTH just happened. Also, the number of 5-4 or 4-5 teams leaves me scratching my head as to who to put where in this week rankings…..This is what I came up with.
1. New Orleans Saints (9-0) – Drew Brees isn’t perfect, but he will have to regain some of that early momentum he had this season or they will start losing games like they had on Sunday.
2. Indianapolis Colts (9-0) – The Manning’s got lucky once again as the Hoodie bailed them out of their first loss of the season.
3. Minnesota Vikings (8-1) – Another week, another win for the Vikings.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (7-2) – It’s official. They are for real.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) – Who had any team besides the Steelers winning the AFC North? Maybe the Ravens, but definitely not the Bengals. I know Tomlin will have this team looking for revenge come playoff time.
6. New England Patriots (6-3) – One yard short of everyone saying how no team in the league wants to face New England. Instead the Hoodie had a headache.
7. Arizona Cardinals (6-3) – They should have the NFC West locked up, unless they just want to make it interesting between them and the 49ers.
8. Denver Broncos (6-3) – Nothing else matters but a win this week against the Chargers.
9. Dallas Cowboys (6-3) – That’s the Tony Loco I know.
10. San Diego Chargers (6-3) – Nothing else matters but a win this week against the Broncos.
12. Atlanta Falcons (5-4) – You never know what kind of game you’re going to get from any NFC South team not from New Orleans.
13. Philadelphia Eagles (5-4) – They now are in the same position division rival New York is in. And that’s after they controlled their own destiny in the playoff race.
14. Houston Texans (5-4) – They get a Titans team at a very inappropriate time. It’s sort of a must win game.
15. Baltimore Ravens (5-4) – Make or break game against the Colts this week.
16. New York Giants (5-4) – Look how far the Mighty G-Men have fallen. This team may not even make the playoffs!
17. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-4) – The Jags haven’t beaten any team with a winning record this season. So of course they look better than what they really are.
18. Miami Dolphins (4-5) – Losing Ronnie Brown could put a damper on the Wildcat this week. Ricky Williams won’t be able to carry the load all by himself.
19. Carolina Panthers (4-5) – A win this week could have this team really thinking about playoff time.
20. San Francisco 49ers (4-5) – Good win against a bad team. A win is a win.
21. Tennessee Titans (3-6) – Chris Johnson says the Titans are going to win the rest of their games and make the playoffs……Not gonna happen.
22. Chicago Bears (4-5) – Maybe it’s the city of Chicago that makes quarterbacks perform so badly.
23. New York Jets (4-5) – The Jets, along with the Titans have been one of the biggest bust this season.
24. Buffalo Bills (3-6) – Firing the head coach in the middle of a season never ends well for a team.
25. Washington Redskins (3-6) – Even if they win every game left, which they won’t, it still doesn’t hide the fact that someone other than Dan Snyder needs to own this team.
TIME FOR SHOUTOUTS!!….TO the Raiders and Chiefs for battling to the very end for the dubious honor of being the worst team in the AFC West.
26. Seattle Seahawks
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Oakland Raiders
29. Cleveland Browns
30. St. Louis Rams
31. Detroit Lions
32. Tampa Buccaneers