Week 6 was probably the most shocking week of the NFL season thus far. We saw a team get destroyed by 59 points, horrible teams getting the best of good teams, and great teams getting waxed by other great teams. There’s sure to be a lot of movement in the rankings this week and here they are.
1. New Orleans Saints (6-0) – The Giants are a great team, but the Saints showed that they are no longer a one dimensional team. Not many big games left on their schedule except for a week 12 match up with the Pats in the Dome.
2. Denver Broncos (6-0) – The last time the Broncos went 6-0 they were Superbowl Champions…….Just saying, the AFC is wide open this year.
3. Minnesota Vikings (6-0) – The only reason for their drop is because of the dominance of Denver. And they only won their game because of the other team’s field goal kicker, or whatever he is.
4. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) – The cupcake schedule continues this week as they face the St. Louis Sheep fresh off of their bye week.
5. New York Giants (5-1) – They’re going to easily win the NFC East, but a week 17 match up against the Vikings could determine which one of those teams gets that first round bye come playoff time.
6. New England Patriots (4-2) – Expect another BIG performance from this offense against the Smuckaneers this week.
7. Atlanta Falcons (4-1) – Another team that won because of another team’s mistakes at the end of the game, but hey a win is a win.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) – The champs got their real leader back, and if Big Ben continues to have 400 yd passing games, the entire NFL will be shaking in their boots when facing the Steelers….except the Broncos.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) – This team finally got bit in the butt for not putting teams away when they are supposed to.
10. Baltimore Ravens (3-3) – They lost and stayed in the top 10. Only because there are sooooo many mediocre teams in the league this year.
11. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2) – Losing to the Raiders would usually drop a team down more than just 4 spots, but they were at a disadvantage because of the Raiders newest acquisition…….a pigeon.
12. Green Bay Packers (3-2) – They beat the Lions, so of course you move up.
13. Chicago Bears (3-2) – Tough loss and a big mental mistake from future Hall of Famer, Orlando Pace.
14. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) – Tough game this week against a Texans team that seems to be finding it’s legs.
15. Arizona Cardinals (3-2) – And just like that, they are tied for 1st place in the NFC West.
16. Houston Texans (3-3) – I really hope this team continues to fight it’s way to a 9-7 record and another year of missing the playoffs….Ha!
17. New York Jets (3-3) – All that talk about this being one of the best teams in the league was a bit premature, just as I predicted.
18. Miami Dolphins (2-3) – Tough game coming up against the Saints this week, but something tells me that the Wildcat is going to work wonders for them.
19. Dallas Cowboys (3-2) – If Tony Romo doesn’t find a way to blow it this week against the Falcons, this team will be right back in the thick of things in the NFC East.
20. Carolina Panthers (2-3) – Two in a row!! But anything the Panthers had going for them is being overshadowed by the foolish comments of Steve Smith…..Come on man!
21. San Diego Chargers (2-3) – A team with all bark and no bite.
22. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) – Beating the Rams by 3 points shouldn’t move this team up, but oh well.
23. Oakland Raiders (2-4) – They beat the Eagles and they found a new player in the pigeon.
24. Buffalo Bills (2-4) – This team isn’t that bad, they just aren’t that good either.
25. Seattle Seahawks (2-4) – In the illustrious words of Chris Berman, “C’MON SEATTLE!!”
26. Cleveland Browns (1-5) – The played the Champs tough…..sorta.
27. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) – When you finally win one game, you can come out of the doghouse for one week.
And now for the bums
28. Detroit Lions
29. Washington Redskins
30. Tennessee Titans – Laugh out Loud!! Very Loud!!
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
32. St. Louis Rams