Keezy W. will be handling this season’s NFL power rankings here at No Guts. For some reason he’s a Denver Broncos fan so any jokes about the Broncos or complaints about these rankings should be done in the comments.
Another week of NFL games are over. A week filled with big upsets, if I may add. Here are your week 5 power rankings.
1. New York Giants (5-0) – I think this is their 3rd week in a row in the number one spot. The NFC is loaded with great teams this year and the Giants seem to be the best of the bunch.
2. Minnesota Vikings (5-0) – Its almost a guaranteed win whenever you’re going against the St. Louis Sheep, but the Vikings may be the closest to the Giants in the NFC.
3. Denver Broncos (5-0) – Now everyone is singing the praises of the Mighty Broncos, even the “experts” who run this site…..JOKE!
4. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) – Two big reasons I’m still not sold on the Colts. First, they haven’t played a team with a winning record and second, the defense is still shaky against the run.
5. New Orleans Saints (4-0) – Fresh off a bye, they have the Giants coming to town this week. We will see how for real this team is when these two meet in N’awlins.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-1) – Who would’ve thought that at any time during the season, the Bengals would be in first place in the AFC North? Not me.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (3-1) – Donovan McNabb is the real Rocky of Ill-adelphia.
8. Atlanta Falcons (3-1) – I’m starting to wonder why no one ever includes Roddy White in the “best receiver in the league” conversation.
9. New England Patriots (3-2) – Tough loss to a team that always gives them problems in the Broncos. They should bounce back nicely next week against the lowly Titans.
10. Baltimore Ravens (3-2) – They simply got beat by a better team on Sunday. Gotta love the way Ray Lewis is hitting guys this season though.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2) – Only beating the Lions by eight points won’t get you into my top 10.
13. New York Jets (3-2) – In my opinion, these guys are the most overrated team in the league. The defense is not as good as everyone claims it to be.
14. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) – So much for “Rock em, Sock em” as they were crushed by Atlanta.
15. San Diego Chargers (2-2) – No movement because of their bye week, but expect that to change when they face Denver on Monday Night.
16. Green Bay Packers (2-2) – Same thing goes for the Pack, the Lions look to be an easy victory……maybe.
17. Arizona Cardinals (2-2) – They got that much needed win against Houston. Maybe now they can start to catch the 49ers in the NFC West.
18. Miami Dolphins (2-3) – That’s two in a row against the division, they have a bye this week.
19. Dallas Cowboys (3-2) – A win is a win no matter how bad the team is you’re playing against.
20. Houston Texans (2-3) – Tough, tough loss against the Cardinals. This team looks to be headed to another 8-8 finish.
21. Seattle Seahawks (2-3) – Seattle showed me that they have some fight in them after their drubbing of the Jaguars. They are very much in the thick of things in the NFC West race.
22. Carolina Panthers (1-3) – They finally got that much needed first win. Maybe now they can salvage their season after such a bad start.
23. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3) – Wow is all I have to say about these guys.
24. Detroit Lions (1-4) – It’s not that often that you lose and move up two spots. But with so many other teams being so bad, I had no choice.
25. Cleveland Browns (1-4) – They finally won one.
26. Buffalo Bills (1-4) – T.O. trade talk this soon doesn’t surprise me at all.
27. Washington Redskins (2-3) – This team continues it’s downward spiral. Nothing is working.
You know how it goes for the rest of these bums.
28. Tennessee Titans
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30. Kansas City Chiefs
31. Oakland Raiders
32. St. Louis Rams