– The punched that rocked everyone’s Friday night and especially Boise State’s Byron Hout has landed LeGarrette Blount a suspension for the remainder of the season.
– Despite the injury to running back Darren Evans, Virginia Tech has no worries about their running game.
– There is finally optimism at the University of Washington, but with LSU coming to town, they could be hit with a huge dose of reality.
– Georgia starting quarterback, Joe Cox is suffering from flu-like symptoms. Luckily for the Dawgs, he will play.
– Even with a spring full of talk that Notre Dame will be a contender this season, questions still linger about their defense. And that defense will get thoroughly tested today by Nevada.
– The SEC is gearing up for another great year of football. Here’s some SEC school records that just might fall.
– One person that is happy that it’s finally game day is Rich Rodriguez. He’s coming off 3-9 season, allegations of making his players practice too much, and crying in front of the nation. Surely, things can’t get much worse, right? Well try losing to Western Michigan today. It’ll get worse.
– Doug Marrone is apparently psyched for his first game as Syracuse’s head coach. I’m psyched to see how many interceptions Greg Paulus will throw. I’m going with 4.